In the human body, the main fat deposits are concentrated in the subcutaneous tissue and in the abdominal cavity and its wall, that is, in the abdomen. In the normal state, fat accumulates in an adult, increasing the size of existing fat cells (adipocytes). But if there is an excessive amount of fat in the cell, the process of its reproduction begins, which leads to a diverse increase in the number of fat cells. They start to build up, including between the organs in the abdomen (visceral fat) and in the lower and upper body. At the same time, the layer of fat on the belly of overweight people can reach 10, 15 or even 20 cm thick (for comparison: in walruses and seals the thickness of subcutaneous fat is 5-10 cm). Will belly slimming exercises help "shake" excess fat?
Effective abdominal slimming exercises
In principle, exercises for fast abdominal weight loss - without a proper balanced diet - will not have the desired effect. Because adipose tissue is not just an extra pound of "storage. "It actively maintains its presence in the body with a specially produced peptide hormone, leptin, which "controls and audits" the energy metabolism system.
But not everything is so hopeless. Triglycerides are synthesized in adipose tissue, which mainly consists of adipose tissue. By breaking down triglycerides, the body receives energy, and the more energy is expended, the more triglycerides are broken down. That is, exercises for weight loss in the abdomen are greatly increased physical activity, which increases fat consumption. The main thing is that morning exercises for belly slimming are not added to breakfast, lunch and dinner, which in terms of calories would exceed the energy spent on their implementation. . .
So, abdominal exercises for weight loss, according to weight loss experts, should be done at least three times a week. Since the beginning of the classes, each exercise is performed 8-10 times, and after a person is involved in this business, all exercises for weight loss on the abdomen at home should be performed at least 20-25 times each time.
A standard set of exercises for losing belly weight includes exercises in various positions - standing, sitting and lying down. The following exercises are performed in the supine position:
- Lying on your back, with straight legs and arms, arms outstretched along the body. Without carrying your shoulders, inhale, lift your back off the floor, raise your straight arms along your legs, sit down and lean forward, trying to reach your fingers with your hands. When exhaling, return to the original position evenly.
- When lying on your back, your legs are bent at the knees and your feet are almost shoulder-width apart. Hands are placed behind the head, fingers are "locked", elbows to the side. Inhale - head, shoulders and shoulder blades detach from the floor (chin should not be pressed against the chest), abdominal muscles tense. In this state, delay for 5-10 seconds. Exhale - lie down again.
- Lying on your back, straight legs and arms, arms outstretched along the body. When inhaled, the straight legs are raised 30 degrees to the floor plane, this position is held for five seconds, the initial position is assumed at the exit.
- The starting position is the same as in the previous exercise. When inhaling, bend your knees and make a movement that simulates cycling (30 seconds three times, with 5 second breaks).
- Lying on your back, legs bent at the knees, straight arms outstretched along the body. When inhaling, lift your pelvis off the floor (emphasizing the area of your back shoulder blade) so that your stomach is in the same direction as your knees. The position is maintained for 5-10 seconds and the initial position is slowly taken at the exit.
- Lying on your back, legs bent at the knees, arms behind the head, elbows to the side. Inhale - The elbow of the left hand is stretched in the right direction. Exhale - starting position. Inhale - The elbow of the right hand extends to the left knee. Exhale - starting position.
Standing abdominal slimming exercises
Simple, yet effective standing belly slimming exercises - traditional squats and bends.
- Stand straight, legs together, hands on waist. Keeping your back and shoulders as straight as possible, squat without lifting your heels off the floor. The lower the squat, the more the abdominal muscles are tense during the extension. If you have difficulty, you can do this exercise by holding your hand, for example, on the back of a chair.
- Stand straight, feet shoulder-width apart, arms at waist or behind head. Inhale - lean forward, exhale - straighten, inhale - lean back, exhale - straighten.
- Stand straight, feet shoulder-width apart, arms raised. Inhale (at the expense of 1-2-3) - springy forward bend with your fingers touching your feet or the floor. Account 4 (Exhalation) - Take a starting position.
- Stand straight, feet shoulder-width apart, arms at waist. Tighten the abdominal muscles tightly, then (without holding your breath) relax the muscles. The exercise is repeated 10-15 times.
Sitting belly slimming exercises
When doing abdominal weight loss exercises while sitting, you should ensure that your back and shoulders remain straight. It increases the load on the abdominal muscles.
- Sit on the floor, legs straight, arms slightly supported. Keep your legs straight together, lift them off the floor and "draw" circles with both feet in the air - three times to the left and the same amount to the right. Repeat the exercise 3-4 times with short breaks.
- Sit on the floor, legs straight, arms outstretched forward. Move back and forth (one meter) alternately lifting your buttocks and tightening your abdominal muscles. Repeat the exercise 5-6 times.
- Sit on the floor, legs straight, arms slightly supported. Keep your legs straight together, leaning back slightly, and alternately lift them off the floor. The exercise is repeated in three sets of 10 times.
Abdominal slimming exercises for men
All the above abdominal slimming exercises can be performed by men with the same success as women, but the number of repetitions should be increased (up to 20-25 times). But exercise with increased load:
- Lie on the floor, straight legs, arms straight along the body. When inhaling, lift your straight legs up (do not lift your head and shoulders! ) And hold them in this position for 10 seconds. Exhale - return to your original position. When exercising, you should gradually increase the time you keep your legs raised.
- Sit on the floor, legs straight, arms slightly supported. Keep your legs straight together; leaning back slightly, lift your legs off the floor, bend your knees and press against your chest. Then straighten your legs and lower them to the floor.
- The starting position is similar to the previous exercise, but the legs are lifted, bent and pressed to the chest alternately - to the right and left separately.
Abdominal slimming exercises for men involve the active use of a horizontal bar. The simplest of these is to hang on straightened arms, then, as you inhale, bend your knees and slowly straighten them while lifting them parallel to the floor (or ground). Exhale - return to starting position evenly.
Bodyflex exercises for losing belly weight
A popular set of breathing exercises for belly slimming - bodyflex, developed more than 20 years ago by the American Greers Childers.
Bodyflex exercises to reduce abdominal weight are thought to focus on saturating the body with oxygen, which is achieved by temporarily holding your breath. At the same time, breathing exercises are combined with isotonic and isometric exercises, that is, static and strength muscle tension without moving the parts of the body involved in the exercise.
Breathing exercises for belly slimming using the bodyflex method
According to the bodyflex technique, all the air from the lungs must first be exhaled - through the mouth, making the lips a "tube". Then a fast, intense breath is made through the nose (the breath should be noisy) - so that the lungs fill a wide capacity. Then, raising your head, breathe all the air with all your might - but this time through your mouth wide open. But now you should hold your breath completely, leaning your head to your chest and pulling as much as possible in the abdomen (8-10 seconds). The last step is to relax the abdominal muscles and breathe normally. All bodyflex exercises for slimming the abdomen are performed directly at the stage of holding the breath (and drawing in the abdomen).
Starting position: Kneel, bend, and rest on the floor with your arms straight. Back straight, head raised. A breathing exercise is performed (as described above), and when holding your breath and drawing on your stomach, you need to tilt your head and bend your back as much as possible. This position is held for 8-10 seconds. This is followed by exhalation and relaxation of the back and abdomen. The exercise is repeated three times with an interval of 15-20 seconds.
Here's another exercise that requires you to lie on your back, spread your legs a little less than shoulder width apart, and bend them at the knees (legs fully on the floor) with your arms outstretched along your body. Then do a breathing exercise (as described above) and pull into your stomach. When holding your breath, you should: lift your arms up and pull your head off the floor (throwing it back), shoulders and back, raising them as high as possible; return to the supine position and repeat the movement by touching the back of the head to the floor. After the second lift, return evenly to the original position and inhale, relaxing the stomach. This exercise is repeated three times at half-minute intervals.
Finally, an exercise for the lower abdomen. Lie on your back on the floor, legs straight together, arms bent at the elbows (palms down), placed under the buttocks. After completing the breathing exercise - holding your breath and retracted abdomen - the straight legs are slightly raised above the floor (toes stretched, head and shoulders remain stationary) and quick wide swing "scissors" are performed, changing the position of the legs (above or below each other). The movements are performed in eight to ten counts. The legs are lowered and breathing is performed. Repetition - 3-4 times with 20 second pauses.
Although most breathing exercises, including breathing exercises for weight loss, are beneficial, the bodyflex system is considered to be potentially unsafe because respiratory arrest causes high blood pressure and heart rhythm problems.
There is another system of breathing exercises (again in combination with physical activity) to reduce fat deposits on the thighs and abdomen - oxysiasis. True, there is no need to hold your breath here. Typically, oxysize is a modified version of the American body's elasticity, supplemented by abdominal breathing. There is nothing new here, because diaphragmatic breathing (eastern, lower or abdominal breathing) has long been practiced by yoga, which has special pranayama techniques.
Yoga exercises for belly slimming
Abdominal breathing is used both to increase the supply of oxygen to the blood and to strengthen the muscles in the lower abdomen. Here is the svadhisthana chakra, which in Ayurveda is considered to be responsible for human immunity and general vitality.
The most available technique for yoga breathing exercises for slimming the abdomen looks like this: one hand should be placed on the chest and the other on the abdomen, inhaled deeply through the nose, inflating the abdomen to lift the palm (along with the abdominal wall). In this case, keep your hand on your chest. Exhalation is also done through the nose and should be longer and quieter than inhaling. When exhaling, the abdominal wall must be "pressed" against the spine, causing the palm to fall to its original position on the abdomen.
Now let's focus on the simplest yoga exercises for losing belly weight.
Bhujangasaga - Cobra Pose
Lie on the floor on your stomach, straight legs, knees and feet pressed to each other, outstretched toes; arms bent at the elbows, located along the chest, palms forward. Inhalation - with emphasis on the palms, slowly and gradually raise the body to the height of the arms straightened in the support. In this case, the back is bent, the sternum is pulled forward and up, the shoulders are pulled forward and down, the elbows are pressed against the side surfaces of the chest and the head is tilted back. Tighten the pose for half a minute (with a breath hold for 5 seconds), then bend your arms at the elbows and, exhaling, lower it slightly to the starting position. Repeat the exercise three times.
Ardha Navasana - Half Boat Pose
Sit on the floor, knees bent, arms down along your chest. Round your back, press the lower waist tightly to the floor, shoulders and the rest of the back remain weight. Then straighten your legs and lift them 25-30 cm above the floor. Stretch your arms to your feet. The legs, abdomen and lower back are tense, breathing is even. Hold this position for 15-20 seconds.
Dhanurasana - bow posture
An effective exercise for weight loss in the lower abdomen, as well as for strengthening the spine (reminiscent of the "frog" exercise known from childhood).
Lie on your floor on your stomach, bend your legs at the knees, lift them and grasp your ankles with your hands. When inhaling, bend your back and lift both legs, pulling them with your hands to your back. Hold your breath for 5 seconds, exhale, release your hands and lower your legs lightly to the floor. The number of repetitions of the asana is three to four times.
Halasana - Plow Pose (Simplified Version)
Lie on your back - go to the wall (about half a meter away), legs straight, arms straight along the body. When inhaling, lift your straight legs up, bend your arms and put your hands on your hips, holding your body. When exhaling - throw straight legs behind your head, tap your feet against the wall. Stay in the asana for 10 seconds, take a deep breath. When exhaling - slowly lean back with your back firmly on the floor - lower your legs slightly. This belly slimming yoga exercise is good not only for belly fat but also for thighs.
The body is a "load" that a person constantly "carries" with him. And it takes effort and perseverance to ease that burden. Only they will help you to systematically do exercises to lose weight in the abdomen and thus lose weight.